Monday, February 18, 2008

17 February at Fiery Rain

Played five games (six, if you count a game against the club's founder in the morning).

My morning game was online, giving 3 stones to madamecp. I was ahead by a significant amount and then she played a 1/3rd of a point ko. I ignored the fact that it put a massive number of my stones into atari, and played elsewhere to fill another 1/3rd of a point ko across the board (whoops).

Right after that it went "erm" and "resign." ^_^

So later when we played at club she tried to make a forcing move she thought I would reply to before connecting her group. I read out that she couldn't live even with the followup to the forcing move, and so I went ahead and cut if off. She said "I thought you would reply to that!" so I joked "I didn't respond this morning when I had a 25 stone group in atari, why would you think I would reply to that!"

Played another game against wolvie at 6H, I won by 0.5. So my next game is kadoban against her to go to 7 x_x We were joking that I would end up throwing the game ^^;;

Played a 1k at 1H, taking W. He plays san-ren-sei against my dual 3-3s, and never seems quite sure how to handle the low, territory-seeking style of the 3-3s. We were both a little pressed for time, and I ended up winning by resignation.

Played an AGA 2.6 dan at 2H, kadoban game to go to 3. I ended up killing things in this game (for a change) and so managed to eek out a win, but it was a tough game. Keeping him dead is difficult, and his L&D skills are beyond mine. Hopefully this is the start of me actually overcoming that 2 stone handicap, since so far I've been horribly unsuccessful at keeping connected in the face of his ability to invade.

Played an AGA 3k or so even, taking white. It was a fast game, and I ended up winning.

So I had a good day for my play, I'm attributing it to still coming down off of the high from the tournament.

No comments: