Saturday, February 11, 2006

Refining Revelations

One thing that comes up frequently with my own blog and with that of others is the process of refining revelations. Often a revelation will seem to occur multiple times, seemingly making the blog repetitive, when in actually the person has simply gained a slightly deeper understanding than what they had before.

This phenomena happens everywhere, from Janice Kim's "Key principle #1: Go is a big game of chicken" to the meaning behind the moves in any particular jeongseok. This leads to a layering effect.

So, if you asked me at 18k why a particular move is jeongseok, I would have given an answer based on my current understanding. My understanding today is not so much different as it is more nuanced.

1 comment:

Nooly said...

Hey!!! I love Go :D
Do you play on KGS?